There are a number of options for residue upgrading. Foster Wheeler’s integrated SDA/coking schemes can increase liquid yields over coking alone, reduce coke make, increase refinery margins, SDA-RT+ coking approached residue hydrocracking at performance significantly lower cost and risk, and no residual heavy liquid product. On site production of power and steam from pet coke can further improve margins. Additional pet coke utilisation schemes can provide additional flexibility and improved margins.
Drivers for Adding Residue Conversion
The business environment:
• Improve refinery economics
– Produce higher qualities of transportation fuels.
– Allow processing of heavier and sourer crudes.
– Allow processing of opportunity crudes
– Reduce or eliminate heavy fuel oil production
• Improve refinery flexibility
– Not limited to one crude or product market
– Meet financing criteria
– Rate of return hurdles
– Based on proven technologies
Aim is to convert low value vacuum resid into higher value products. Product slate is driven by refinery complexity. Read More ›